Thursday, June 30, 2005

How Did I End Up Here?

Wasn't I just eight years old playing in the yard with the neighbor wishing I was grown up and married? Well, be careful what you wish for. Where did the time in between go? Not that I am wishing to go back to high school or anything, but I am just saying it went by so quickly! Would I have really listened though had someone told me to cherish every moment with Judy Blume or my friends pretending we were in the "Girl Gang" (oh yes and there was a song too). Is it going to seem like this when I am eighty? Will I wonder where the time went? I am in no hurry to get to eighty let me tell you. This is bad enough with the wrinkles, sag and indigestion.

6 comments:

Alison said...

I'm with ya!

Family Of Five said...

I get so sad when I think someday my kids will be grown up.... someday I will be old. I look at my grandma who can't do the things she used to do and I know that she asks herself what the hell happened?? I used to be able to cook for myself and do my own hair. My sister and I were just chatting when I realized it has been 10 years since I graduated! I've always been the youngest... now I'm getting old!!!

Robin said...

I hear you loud and clear!

Bumbling Bav said...

I would never want to go back. I love being in my thirties!

Family Of Five said...

I agree with you bav!! I would never want to go back.... I just wish time right now would slow down... I love my babies and I don't want them to grow up!

Evey said...

time certainly does fly.