Friday, June 24, 2005

I ..... Think....I .....Just....Broke....My....Neck....

I guess dancing like a monkey on steroidal bananas to entertain the kids has its downfalls. I put on Nora Jones, yes I did say Nora Jones. One song is really jiggity and I got to tapping my toes, then full out flailing in all directions. The kids both stopped what they were doing and stared....jaw dropping stares. I could see what was going on in their heads...and then I remembered what I felt like as a kid when my mom would start dancing. I have turned into my mother... by embarrassing my kids. I think all parents embarrass their kids, its part of the job right? Well let me tell you, I am doing ONE FINE JOB.

6 comments:

Bumbling Bav said...

LOL! Just go with your bad self!

I am about to do the same... however my kids think this is normal. HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Family Of Five said...

I think kids do their fair share of embarassing us.... Dancing and having fun is the only way we can get them back.... we can't run through the grocery store yelling things out. Like I said on Bav's when they are young they think you are funny and they laugh with you .... when they get older they think you are lame and they laugh at you! Enjoy it while they are young!

Evey said...

I agree, dance to your little hearts content. Try not to break your neck though;)

Miranda said...

It's your job to embarrass them! LOL...have fun!

Career Guy said...

Try getting snuggly with your honey--that's also good for embarrassing the children.

Anonymous said...

Well this is a good giggle to start the week off with........I remember doing the same thing as well........thanks for the memories. I hope your feeling better today.

Love Mom.......xoxox