Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Water water oh my gosh!

I am trying to let Emma be more independent, but it is hard for me to let go sometimes. Take for instance this morning. She told me she had to go pee. I said she could go by herself, but in the back of my head I felt a pang of discomfort. I knew I should help her. However, I let her go all be herself and did NOT help in any way shape or form.
We left for school, I ran some errands and took Oliver to an eye appointment. Two hours later I came home and I could hear something....like a shower running or something. Steve should be sleeping...hmmm what the? I checked and he was sleeping. Weird. What was I hearing?
I found the source, it was coming from the main floor bathroom.
Emma had left the sink tap running after she used the bathroom this morning. With hot water. Thankfully it had not overflowed or anything.
Gotta love kids.

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Same thing happened to me when I was a Nanny...except the little guy had left the plug in the sink and flooded half the house!

Alison said...

Good times at your house....

Robin said...

Ooooooh, been there, done that!

Jodi said...

That has happened a million plus times here too. Goes with kids I think. I have learned even if you don't help them you should survey the bathroom after they leave, just in case. ;)

Evey said...

I did this once at my old old house in Sherwood Park. I decided to be nice and clean the house for my dad and I was filling the kitchen sink with soap and water to mop the floors, while it was filling i started to vacuum. By the time I was done vacuuming i had long forgot about the sink and it was a flood in the house. lol. oops. it was even leaking through into the basemet. ha!