Wednesday, July 27, 2005

All I could think was "Am I on some hidden camera show?"

We took the kids to the library last night. They were more active than the monkeys at the zoo. Emma had a meltdown when we had to put the books through the checkout because she just wanted to leave with them. Then she and Oliver discover that they could hang off of the bars that separate the lines of people checking things out. Oh did people stare. I was desperate to load the books and go. We did eventually make it out of there, but not without a tantrum from Oliver because he didn't want to hold Steve's hand in the busy parking lot.
We made a few more stops, one involving the grocery store. WHY don't the carts have seat belts?
Made it home and to bed without incident. Ahhh.
This morning Oliver had one of his appointments, so I wizzed down to the hospital with him to take care of it. When we pulled up to the curb, I noticed an abandoned stroller. Oliver noticed it too, because he kept shouting "Stroller Stroller Stroller!"
We went in did our business and came out. Steve's gran called and while I was juggling the phone, my purse, the diaper bag and Oliver I had a lengthy chat with her about the weather and the weekend and life and coffee and and and....! I didn't want to be rude and shoo her off the phone, because she is old and I have respect for her, so I let her talk while I struggled up the hill to the car and wrangled everything in my arms.
I finally got off the phone as I reached the car and to my surprise the stroller was still there.
Oh yes. I did!
I put Oliver in his seat and buckled him in, threw all my bags in the car and grabbed that buggy as fast as I could. I opened the trunk and jammed it in there with all my might. I couldn't help but think that someone was going to jump from the bushes with a camera and say you are on a hidden t.v. show!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

:) You are so crazy! I love it!

BethJoy said...

An abandoned stroller? Oh my! Was it a good one??

Lori said...

It was an umbrella stroller, but still in good shape and totally good!

Evey said...

You know, I really wish you could have seen how hard I laughed when you told me this story. LOL. I could picture your every move. Oh goodness I am laughing now just thinking about it. LOL. You know had I been there you know what I would have said.....I would have said....."QUICK, GO GET IT" lol oh my fun times....Enjoy ur stroller.