Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I actually don't feel like blogging today...

I am pouting. Seriously. I had the crappiest experience at WalMart while trying on clothes. Oh the agony. I hate clothes shopping as it is, but this was the worst time I have ever had....EVER! I usually make it a point not to shop at WalMart because their clothes do not fit me right. I know that, but I still went ahead and tried on stuff anyways. Big mistake. Oh the sorrow.
I ended up buying my regular favourites- black shirts. Steve just rolled his eyes at me. I did buy some cute little flip flops for myslef though and that cheered me up. I had fun picking out a swim suit for Emma for $6 and a new pair of shoes for her for $5. Bought some other boring stuff too, but I am sure all of you really don't care about a scrapbook organiser. I did not spend all my B-day money, I was thrifty. I do love my new flip flops though, and have not taken them off since coming home. My experience out today forced me to ride that darn exercise bike in the basement, and oooh did it feel good to sweat off some extra calories.
What do I want to wear Walmart clothes for anyways? I fit into Gap clothes.

9 comments:

Family Of Five said...

Gap clothes are so much more expensive though!! Sale rack!! Sorry you had such a bad time shopping.

Angie said...

Oh what kind of scrapbook orangizer did you find?? I care! I care lol

Sillycrazyme said...

I know the feeling, In Holland there alsow as a particular brand of shops and whenever I went to try clothes there I ended up considering anorexia as a healthy way to live your life. So I just don't go there anymore! :-D (cause I like food way too much and I am reasonably slim anyway). By the way I care too. Except that I not so much want to know what kind of scrapbook organizer you bought, but more what a scrapbook organizer in fact is.. :-D

Lori said...

Angie, nice to have you come around. I have popped by your blog a few times, but figured you wouldn't know who I was so I didn't leave a comment. The scrapbook organizer is not really that fancy, it is just for 12x12 paper, but I really needed it because I often go out to do my scrapbooking at other peoples houses and my paper gets all bent and destroyed. It only cost $12 or so. You can zip it up and conatin everything nicely inside so nothing gets lost. It does hold three hundred sheets of paper though, which is exciting..although it is already full now.
Hope that explains it for you SillyCrazyMe!

Bumbling Bav said...

I like how Gap fits over Walmart. But I do like some tops from Superstore.

Sorry the shopping was not all that.

Evey said...

Listen to you guys.....the day I fit into ANYTHING from Gap is a LONG LONG LONG way off. About 90 pounds off to be exact. lol. How I long for the day I can say...I like how Gap clothes fit me:P

Angie said...

Oh, I think I have one of those too. Not that I have scapped since October. *blush* I just can't get in the mood for it lately. *sighs* I really need to get back in to it.

lol I wasn't sure if you'd know me, but I figured I should just start commenting on people's journals and get to know them. *shrugs* :)

Sillycrazyme said...

It explainsit very nicely. Scrapbooking sounds like fun, how did you get started?

Lori said...

Sillycrazyme: I got started with making my own cards (birthday, Christmas, thank you etc) I still mostly make cards, but have branched into scrapbooking. I find it a great way to record all my family memories as the years go by. Although I am quite behind now since my children have been born...it is still fun though. Oh, and I do love to cycle, I just want to be thin instantly!