Friday, July 29, 2005

Oh the horror!

We were having a great ol' time last night- reading about a hundred stories to the kids and Steve was rolling on the floor playing with them. Oliver took a bath and did not scream the entire time. It was a peaceful night...
Until one point during the kids climbing on Daddy's back. I saw Emma kind of stumble a bit and blood spurt out of her toe. I could not believe my eyes. Blood was dripping all over the place. I picked her up and brought her over to the kitchen sink where I could have a better look at things. The blood just kept coming. Oliver at this point decided he wanted a bottle, so Steve half made that then went to get the ointment for Emma's foot upstairs while I held her foot to stop the bleeding.
I told her that all women bleed. Ha ha! She looked at me in amazement. I said "sure, this is just the beginning".
Well that at least got her to stop crying and think contemplatively while I bandaged up her toe.

Once the bleeding was completely stopped, I had a look inside the wound to see what the heck was going on in there, I opened it up and peered inside but there was nothing in there, just a very deeeeep wound on her toe. She was fine once I got the bandaid on it and she hobbled for a bit, but I think she forgot about it after a while. Later on in the evening she told me that she cut her foot on a "white" thing on the floor.

I searched and sure enough found a piece of glass right where they had been playing. I don't know how Steve could have been rolling around on the floor and missed it. Anyways, we could not figure out where it had come from...until this morning when I was pouring my coffee that I won't drink, only look at.

I had dropped a glass coaster yesterday and checked it thinking it had not broken, but I guess it had. The corner of it had broken off and landed over by the play area. Oops! One more reason not to have coffee.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh her poor toe! I hope she heals quickly!

And I am soooo LOL at the "I was pouring my coffee that I won't drink, only look at." Yeah right! ROFLOL

Family Of Five said...

Glad she was okay!!! Lucky it was only a toe!! Love you guys!!

Miranda said...

Too funny that you told that all women bleed. You are so funny:)

Leslie said...

poor thing. I hate seeing kids hurt.
It is especially hard when you watch your own getting hurt.

Give her a kiss and tell her it is from me!

Bumbling Bav said...

I am with FofF, thankfully it was her toe!

Andrea

Angie said...

OH wow, thank goodness it was just a cut on her toe and not something else. Wow.

Evey said...

Poor little munchkin, but yeah glad it was only her toe and not anywhere else.

I am with Jodi on the whole coffee thing, like u didnt drink it;)