Monday, August 22, 2005

Gone




It is strange being here now without all my company. Quiet yes, but I truly enjoyed having friends around all the time. Now we go back to normalcy and regular schedules and hopefully the "mother load" when it finally decides to come out. I think I may take some prune juice after all.
Today was spent shopping around the city and boy oh boy did I get some deals! A bathing suit for $1.94 and a pair of shoes for $2.98 and a pair of shorts for $0.94 (all for the kids). At one point in the day I was trotting down the mall like a horse neighing and carrying Isabelle just to keep her happy. Anything to keep her happy folks! Oh yes I got quite the workout and now I don't feel as guilty for skipping my workout while our company was here.
Now I am going to cook supper, but only for the three of us and it feels a bit strange. I miss them. Emma has declared Miranda as one of her all time favorite people, and she adores Isabelle to pieces, and "Tragis" has many special qualities that we all love. For example: he uploaded tonnes of music to our computer for us and he fixed a spythingymagig and did lots of other bits and pieces on here. Oh and I will never forget Travis's face when he ate a sardine Jelly Belly. Good Times.

8 comments:

Evey said...

So glad you guys had a great weekend. I figured you would, and I know how much you love being the "hostess" and cooking for all etc... Glad the kids got a long as well:)

Darlene said...

Great pictures. Why aren't you wearing the new bathing suit. We need to see what you look like in $1.94.

Family Of Five said...

Glad you had such a good time!! It is nice to hang out with others that have kids around the same age isn't it!?! Miss you guys... you can always give Mike a call instead of the horrid prune juice!!

Lori said...

*Update:
I am now in official heaven. The mother load has descended. Phew! I am feeling sooooo much better. Would have taken pictures, but I know where to draw the line.

Miranda said...

We miss you too! Thanks for having us.

Sillycrazyme said...

Sounds like there should be a counter visit soon :-)

Alison said...

It's grand having good friends for a few days....
Glad the mother load had landed, and that you were kind enough to spare us the visuals!

Shelley said...

Awwww....the Captain's Log made itself known. Glad to hear that...'bos you know Bo Bice from American Idol had to go to the Dr. for his intestinal woes...not the same thing, but you know. Glad to hear your company was good!!! Here's to many more good times with friends. Cheers!