Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Had to get resourceful today

I was baking cupcakes for Emma's preschool and wanted to frost them with pink colour. I found only blue and yellow in the cupboard and we all know there is no way to make pink from those colours no matter how hard you try. So on I plundered in to the bellows of the cupboard where stray soup packets and lost muffin wrappers lay abandoned and alone. I dug and pillaged and found sprinkles-for Christmas-so I kept looking.
Soon I came upon a tin of Strawberry tea. Don't argue or wrinkle your nose up at me here. You know darn well that I used it. I carefully dyed the icing pink and tasted it and to my surprise it had a wonderful flavour! So maybe the kids will go home a little more mellow tomorrow and the parents will wonder what shifted in the world to cause such a strange occurrence.

9 comments:

Jodi said...

I am impressed! So glad to hear it tasted as good as it looked! :D

Family Of Five said...

You are so creative!!! Little miss Betty Crocker you are!!

ChrisWoznitza said...

Hi I´m Chris ! Great page !!! Greatings from Germany Bottrop !!

FoodNinja said...

Damn spamers.. LOL at the tea icing story... Good job.

Alison said...

Brilliant!

Sillycrazyme said...

Cool, I must remember that. I bake a lot but somehow I always manage to forget an ingredient and then I have to run to the neighboors or to the store ;-)

-T said...

WOW- creative! :) I would have been sending the husband to the store. lol

Evey said...

Betty Crocker is right....only YOU would think of that! Good work:)

On another note this took me 12 times to be able to post this cause I cant ever read the stupid word verification. You think they could make it readable 100% of the time.

BethJoy said...

You make me laugh, what a genious idea in a tough situation. Way to go for still looking!