Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Is it Wednesday already? I think I lost a day...

Well, just literally got back from being at the hospital alllll morning with Oliver (I left the house with him at 9:15am). I swear I spend more time there than I do here at home. We had a follow up appointment with the Immune System doc today. Nothing has really changed except the fact that Oliver is now producing the antibodies for diphtheria and tetanus that he was not before. His immune system is still compromised and we all have to have the flu shot (eek! I am so scared) and they may put him on antibiotics all winter just to be on the safe side. Plus, one of his tubes in his ears has started to disengage and they want it replaced ASAP. So it looks like we may have another surgery. Not that I am not okay with all of this people, 'cause I am just right as rain. Fine fine fine. The idea of spending more time in that lovely hospital makes me jolly as Santa on Christmas Morning.
Anyways...
I had a SUPER blond moment today while driving home. I mean it was a doozy.
I noticed a long stream of cyclists on one side of the rode. They were merrily making their way along wearing those orange and yellow safety vests. I wondered to myself "Where on earth are all those construction workers going? And why are they riding bikes?"

12 comments:

Leslie said...

that's okay...I have some brunette days now and then...lol! At least we can laugh at ourselves when we act 'out-of-character' (or hair colour)

Family Of Five said...

I have blonde moments like that all the time!! You are not alone girl! Give that little Oliver guy our love!! He will be one strong, tough guy someday!

Miranda said...

Lori,
I am trying to keep everyone here super healthy for our trip next weekend! Although most of Isabelle's so-called colds of the past were allergies and asthma not a cold. Cross your fingers that we'll all be very healthy.

Evey said...

I have those moments often...like the time there was a pickup truck in front of us at a traffic light. Some of the letters were gone on the name of the truck across the back. So i it said was H EVROLE. And I immediatly asked Chris what the heck kind of truck was a "hevrole" LOL. I have bever lived it down.

Evey said...

SPELL CHECK....sheesh I suck. lol

Lori said...

Yvonne you are too funny. Sometimes I wonder about you!

Ayn Marie said...

that is just hilarious!! I love it.

Ayn Marie said...

ummm...not about your son of course. the bike riders.

Aleecia F. said...

My brother says I have more blonde moments then a blonde, and that God gave me a brunette hair but a blonde brain. and im a brunette! o well......

Sillycrazyme said...

Hmm, we have to find a way to keep you entertained when you are waiting in the hospital :-)

Alison said...

You my friend are a treat!

Shelley said...

hee hee, too good. Hope you little guy is feeling better.