Monday, August 01, 2005

Jackpot!

I went out in the desert heat yesterday with both kids all by myself while Steve was off playing for two services at a church he plays at regularly. I had Oliver in the stroller and Emma walking by my side. We made it to the store okay, but by the time we got there Emma was fading and wanting to sit down. I promised her treats-a-plenty at the store if only she could make it a little farther inside. Once inside she was FINE. Bounding up and down the aisles like she was never wilting. She wanted all the candy and she wanted it NOW. Oliver sat docile in the buggy while I grabbed Emma away from all the merchandise. I told her she could pick out one treat and one drink. That left me to get my treats. I scanned the shelves and then a new display caught my eye.
The motherload had been left there just for me. Dark chocolate peanut M & M's. I started grabbing maniacally. Then the store clerk smiled sweetly at me and said "Uh mam you know there is a four limit max on those right?"
I stopped grabbing.
I looked for a sign to tell me about the limit.
There was no sign.
He was just pulling my leg.

9 comments:

Lucy Stern said...

Be careful with those kids out in the summer heat. I used to carry a water bottle with me so they could stay hydrated. I love those dark chocolate M & M's too.

Alison said...

That's FABULOUS!!!!!!!!

Leslie said...

hee hee hee. That would make a great commercial.

Evey said...

That would make a great commercial, lol. So how many bags did you end up buying?

Lori said...

I only bought 8 bags, not that many.

Miranda said...

I love Dark chocolate...save some for me!

K said...

That bastard...teasing you like that.

glenda in edmt said...

Where on earth do you find dark choco M&M's??? I've been looking but never have seen them. (OK, I would probably have a better bet finding them if I went shopping more regularly!) Help!

Lori said...

Glenda I lucked out and found them at my corner store, but have also found them on occasion in the grocery store as well.