Saturday, August 27, 2005

My Heart Swelled This Morning

Not just because we got a FABULOUS deal at the Thrift Store, but because my children make me proud to be a mother. The four of us made our way down to the store this morning and the children ran wild through the clothes racks. Everyone came to a screeching halt when we found a shiny red tricycle. Oliver's face lit up and he instantly fell in love. A match made in heaven. Emma and Oliver chased each other around the store on the bike for a little while and then thankfully a woman who worked there came to my rescue and offered the children a movie to watch, and cookies to eat. This was a sanity saver for sure. My shining moment was when I was a few feet away and I heard Oliver say thank you for the cookies and the lady said "You are welcome".
She could understand what he said! He has manners when I am not around to remind him of it! Oh happy day! My parenting works!
The best part of my whole day was that the price of the bike was cheaper than a cup of coffee! A whopping $2.25 for the bike and it is in great shape. Another successful day.

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Your kids are a lot better behaved than you give them credit for.

Family Of Five said...

Again.... I love bargains!!

Sillycrazyme said...

Cool, sometimes you see these kids who are so rude! But then you see a well mannered kid again and I instantly want to have children :-D

Sillycrazyme said...

Cool, sometimes you see these kids who are so rude! But then you see a well mannered kid again and I instantly want to have children :-D

Bumbling Bav said...

Great deal on the bike! And good job on the manners!