Thursday, August 25, 2005

What fun!

Fall clothes for Emma! I went to a kids clothing exchange today. Sometimes those things are a complete waste of time, but not today. I came away with a huge pile of clothes for Emma for the Fall. I found one pair of pants for Oliver. Poor kid got nothing else, but he really didn't need anything much because he still has all his clothes from last winter that still fit. Emma grows like crazy and it seems like every time I do laundry she has outgrown another garment. Anyways, I was pretty thrilled with my find. One pair of flannel jammies, 8 shirts, 4 casual dresses, and one matching pant and top set. Woo hoo!
There is another exchange next month....I wonder what I can dig up there.

10 comments:

Family Of Five said...

I love bargains!!! What is this clothing exchange you speak of??

Lori said...

It is a thing run by the community centre here.. actually a lot of places do it. People get together and swap gently used clothes and or household goods etc. Some churches do it too I think. I just found another one to go to in September and it is at a church. They suggest that you bring old clothes to swap, but if you don't have any it usually is not an issue. You just go around and pick out clothes that you want and there is no limit.

Miranda said...

Very cool! Thanks again for all the clothes for Isabelle. I always tell her that they are from Emma when she wears them. She wore the long sleeved purple waffle shirt from Children's Place yesterday. She also said Emma tonight...we were talking about how we miss you guys! She misses you too.

Lori said...

That's cute, you are totally welcome for the clothes! I was very happy to be able to pass them on to someone. Emma was asking about Isabelle tonight too. She wanted to have another sleepover.

Family Of Five said...

So cute!! I want to have sleepovers!!

Krista said...

I got some goodies yesterday too - how fun! There's a Sally Ann in town where everything is Old Navy, Gap, American Eagle, Gymboree and so on. I got a couple cute things for the girls yesterday. How fun!! I love a bargain....

Angie said...

Wahooo how great. I'm so glad you found some good stuff. Let's hope that next month you find even more!!

Leslie said...

next month you must let me know and bring me along.

Shelley said...

Wow that's great! I wish there was something like that here....I can't keep my kids in their clothes long enough to even near wear them out. Actually, Allison gets a lot of them for Claire and Sam!

Lori said...

Leslie, I was going to ask you if you wanted to come. It will be much more funn with a buddy.