Wednesday, September 21, 2005

In answer to your questions-yes we are

We have a month and ten or is it nine days now? Anyways not very long to move. Have not found a place yet but have given our notice because this place we are in SUCKS and the basement keeps flooding and frankly, we don't live in a friggin Arc.
The house is starting to get that...smell. You know the moldy mildewy smell. Yuck! We are coughing up green and oh it just goes on. I am already exhausted from moving how many times now? Plus the stress of life in general is getting my nerves raw. Can we say basketcase?


*On a side note. Last week at church I saw a new lady at church. She had her son in her arms and I noticed that Oliver and her boy were about the same size. Oh Yay! Another playmate! Ha! I asked how old he was and she said he had JUST turned a year old. I smiled and nodded and dreaded her question back at me.
"How old is your son?" she asked.
I seriosly considered telling a fib but didn't.
He'll be two next month.
I thought she was going to drop her boy, she was so shocked. Honestly, she could have hidden her surprise a lot more. Another lady graciously came to my rescue and said "Yes but you are small dear.."
The lady still stood there with her mouth open. Then they sat behind us in church.
I try not to let Oliver's stuff bother me. But sometimes it just blindsides me like that. Every child is different. I know that. Some one year olds weigh as much as Emma! Ha ha ha. I have seen that, now that is scary.

17 comments:

Alison said...

Sooooo.......do you need some rice? I hear it makes great packing filler!

Leslie said...

I think it is time for a friend and a good cup of coffee...or thrift store shopping. How about tomorrow sometime. (I should have 3 months of work done by then, ha!)

Oliver may be small (so scrumptiously small) but he is as smart as a whip. I was reading a story in nursery and he was telling me everything and every colour on the page. It went between him and a four year old...seriously!

Family Of Five said...

So.... packing up and moving to BC hey?

Lori said...

You guys are the best! Alison you crack me up...I can always use rice!
Leslie-come to Southcentre tomorrow. Thomas the Train is there at 11am. We are going. Good luck getting all your work done by tomorrow!

Leslie said...

how about Steve takes emma to see Thomas and you and me go out? They could have a daddy daughter date and we could have a moms break.

Family Of Five said...

How about that moving to BC idea???

Better Safe Than Sorry said...

coughing up green stuff can't be good. might be time to think about antibiotics.

my kids are the opposite, they are all tall. everyone always thinks they are older then they actually are.

Evey said...

As much as Shelley's moving to BC idea sounds great, I think moving to the Eastern side of Canada sounds MUCH better, that way I don't have far to come visit you:)

K said...

umm...i believe his real name is Thomas the Tank Engine....

Seriously...how do I know that?? Oh yes, watching the show with Ringo Star and that chick that was in Grease...

Lori said...

"K" seriously it is a friggin train though...let's not argue I WILL win...I am much bigger than you.
Leslie: "Let's get together ya ya ya"
Uh hope you've seen that movie. Anyways-good idea about the Daddy date thing. Call me when you get the chance. We can set up a time.

BethJoy said...

Yes and Jonah is one of those who weigh more than emma, he is 20 months now and 29 pounds. It is okay, it is not a race to have the largest child! God made everyone with their own unique size and shape, it would be boring if we are all at the same stage ALL the time!

Angie said...

Oh good luck dear! The house your in now sounds just awful. Stinky winky! I am sure things will pan out soon for you in the best way.

Sillycrazyme said...

@revswife: psst, just between you and me, it is thomas the tank engine, since he's not in fact a train but the one pulling the train ;-)(my excuse for knowing that is having babysitted lots of kids :-D)

Isn't it scary to give notice on your old house before getting a new one? (just wondering)

The Rev said...

@sillycrazyme: Psst. I already explained that to her but she didn't want to hear it. The reality is that kids don't care if it's a Tank Engine or not. They see it and call it a train anyway. Guess we should teach them the difference.

Lori said...

Sillycrazyme:Yes it is so scary giving notice without having a place to go to yet. I am getting confused too, because I have called so many places looking to rent and I am getting them all mixed up:)
I don't care what the train thingy is called- as long as it entertains my kids!

Carolynn said...

We can find you a place here!!!

Family Of Five said...

We can find you a place HERE!!