Thursday, October 09, 2008

Excuse me, did you say 39?

I just got off the phone with the bank.
Don't be afraid, the fella on the other end was
doing his job properly and he was actually very good
at customer service:) I had initially called regarding
another matter but while I had them on the phone, I wanted
to ask about doubling up on our mortgage payments.
The guy on the phone did some math for me and if we just
plod along and never change a thing EVER it will take us 39
years to pay off our home.

Of course, most of you know that I would rather die first.
So, I asked him to run the numbers for double payments.
That would bring us down to only 10 years.
Are you inhaling as sharply as I did?
I knew it would be staggering, but
until the actual man from the bank told me, I wouldn't
believe it for myself. That is a great number:)

Thanks for listening. I try not to talk about money on here
too much for a few reasons. It's taboo.
People get bored. And...the judgments.
So thank you for letting me get excited about this.

3 comments:

Family Of Five said...

Holly molly what a differenct! You must be so excited!

Jodi said...

39 years really?

Wow!

Anonymous said...

so exciting... and what a great idea to ask that!!!

Suzin