Thursday, December 04, 2008

Technology is amazing!

We received Oliver's new FM system yesterday from the hospital.
I thought the hearing aides made a difference, but this, this is a
stunner! I don't have to raise my voice at all. I can even whisper
IN ANOTHER ROOM.
Of course I have been playing with it;)
Last night I was upstairs and Oliver was downstairs. I spoke into
the microphone and said "Oliver if you can hear me say 'ding dong'".
He said "Ding Dong!" with gusto.
This morning when I dropped him off I left it on and got outside the school...
then said "Bye Oliver I love you!"
I am not sure if he heard me or not because his teacher's system may have intercepted mine-or mine may have gone through the gym like his teacher's has before. LOL. I don't know. I am sure the novelty will wear off, but for now I am excited because it is another step up for my boy...and a connection that we have:)
He can't turn me off, only I can. Poor little guy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
Grammy

Jodi said...

I am so glad it is working so well for him! What fun to be able to talk to him from so far away.

Family Of Five said...

How wonderful! I am so happy for you guys.

Jenn said...

Lori that is wonderful news. Glad to hear its working. He must be so happy to be able to hear. poor little fella.

Krista said...

That's pretty cool! I love that he can't turn you off! LOL! Man... I could have fun with one of those too! :)