Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thoughtful

December usually brings about a time of reflection for me.
What have we done over the year? What do our hearts look like
going into the new year? Have I done enough, loved enough, laughed enough?
Have I shown enough gratitude?
Perhaps yes to all of the above, but ultimately I can always do more.

These past few weeks have been busy and I am so looking forward to the holidays.
Even in the busyness, there has been so much joy.
Normally we are run ragged by now, but not this year.
Tonight I stayed in with the kids and we decorated a gingerbread house
and gingerbread men (Thanks Krista Jefferson!).
It wasn't mass chaos rushing rushing rushing.
We were just hanging out and eating the candies and getting muck all up our arms having a ball. Good times.

My son makes my heart seize when he prays these days.
Lately he has been praying for the homeless, that they
will have a warm place to stay and food to eat.
Also he's been praying that "people are not too greedy
getting too much stuff because then there won't be anything
left for anyone else."
Cute and yet it speaks volumes! My goodness! He's only 5.

Emma loves school, but she is sure looking forward to the
holiday. I can't believe what they teach is grade two now!

I am excited for the coming weeks.
There are some good things happening:)

4 comments:

Family Of Five said...

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

The "little buddy" and the "little you" are the best kiddos.
And you and Steve are the "best parents".
Love you all tons.
Grandpa/Dad/Glen

Anonymous said...

I am NOT crying! Okay, yes I am! I agree you are the best!!!
Love you and miss you,
Grammy/Mom/Char

Krista said...

Awwww! Your kids rawk! And so do you guys! We love you too!