Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma

Seven years ago today! Can you imagine? Emma, my special special
girl was born. Last night as I was putting her to bed, I told her
the story of how she was born (minus gore). Her face lit up!
She felt so special that she came to be on this day.

We celebrated on Saturday via a "Choose Your Own Adventure"
type of day and ventured out all over the place with her and her
little friend. What fun. We were out ALL day. The kids had fun, we had fun
and thankfully we have a year to recuperate:)

Today Emma has little Ice cream cone cupcakes to take to class and Oliver said
"I sure hope they have leftovers!"


It's been a year since we left Calgary.
We drove out early on Emma's b-day last year and started our trek
across this FREEZING country to come to our new home.
What a journey! And I would do it all again:)
Now here we are one year later....still loving it.

7 comments:

Krista said...

Aw, hope Emma has a wonderful day! Ice cream cone cupcakes are the BEST!

edison photography said...

ANd we're so glad you moved here too!

Happy Birthday Emma!!!!!!!

Alison said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Family Of Five said...

Give her hugs and kisses! Sorry we missed her when we called today... I tried to time it right and lost track!

Jodi said...

Has it really been a whole year! Wow!

I love your birthday idea. A choose your adventure would be so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Glen misses "the little ewe" and all of you.
I am sure it was a fun day of celebration and maybe a few presents and cupcakces.

Miranda said...

I cannot believe it's been a year since you moved!

I remember coming to see you guys when Emma was just a baby and you tried to feed her jarred bay food, something green(peas or beans) and what a mess she made! She has grown into such a sweet little girl. But she won't be little much longer so cherish every moment. Love to you guys. We miss you.