Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's hard to believe that two year ago today we left Calgary and headed East on our adventure to our new home. Here we are today older and more seasoned with life and loving every moment.

Today also marks Emma's 8th birthday and I honestly am having the hardest time
digesting that. How on earth do they age so quickly?
I know I say that every year, but it seems like just a minute ago they were crawling...doesn't it?
I feel like I need to staple my eyes open so I don't miss anything.

This morning was a hugely successful grocery shop:)
It's been a while since I have shared anything much
regarding sales or coupons or anything from our lives at all really.
This excites me though so I really want to share it.
Our budget for the week is $60

What I spent: $61.81

I am not stressing about the overage, because
a lot of times I come in under that amount.
Plus I got some new coupons while I was in the
store for Free Coke.

With this shopping trip I was able to restock
our flour, cheese, tuna and egg supply and
still more than cover off our menu for the
week.

For Emma's birthday we saw Alvin and the Chipmunks
the Sqeakquel for free. So cute! I earned the tickets
from doing surveys. We have gone to countless movies (the whole family)
for free, but you can also earn Airmiles or Chapters gift certificates or other items. Here

Anyways....that was kind of a commercial wasn't it?

The kids are both content and well adjusted and
as a mother this makes me extremely happy.

We are well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we love you all.
Grandpa Glen

Anonymous said...

And we are so happy for you all!
Grammy Char

Jodi said...

I am so glad the last 2 years have been so good to all of you.

And you always amaze me with your shopping skills. :D

Family Of Five said...

<3 u all!