Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Outlive Your Life You Were Made to Make a Difference By Max Lucado Published by Thomas Nelson

Reviewer's Guide

Facebook.com/upwordsministry Twitter.com/maxlucado Twitter.com/lucadoteam Community.maxlucado.com
Book Description

These are difficult days in our world's history. 1.75 billion people are desperately poor, natural disasters are gouging entire nations, and economic uncertainty still reigns across the globe. But you and I have been given an opportunity to make a big difference. What if we did? What if we rocked the world with hope? Infiltrated all corners with God's love and life? We are created by a great God to do great works. He invites us to outlive our lives, not just in heaven, but here on earth. Let's live our lives in such a way that the world will be glad we did. (Please note: International Bloggers will receive International Edition.)


My Thoughts:
At first I thought this would be one of those dreadfully painful books that brings everyone down. One that is full of despair and hopelessness. I am not really sure why I had that impression, but I did. I guess I figured if it was a non-fiction
book telling me how to live my life in a better way then it would not be an easy process. Any kind of change or growth is painful-right?
Well, in this case-wrong.
This book is so uplifting and inspiring. I was immediately burning with the urge to help someone, do something, anything but stay still.
Even the smallest things are SO significant. That spoke volumes to me. Often times we think that we have to do things on such a grand scale, but sometimes it's the tiniest gesture that makes the greatest impact.




*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment:

UK said...

I really liked this book, if by "like" you mean it shook me to the core about my perceived importance in the world. When you first read the title, you assume a prosperity theology-esque message where you get to establish a legacy for your own sake. You don't have to read past the prologue to find that this book promotes a life lived as anything but a self-indulgent endeavor. The idea that we are meant to serve others, with the ultimate goal of promoting God, is not unique to the author, but Mr. Lucado has a particularly accessible way of fleshing that idea out. It is a relatively easy read, but not in a watered-down kind of way. He combines scripture and practical application in an engaging way that drives you to turn the pages, and all the while tugs at you to put the book down and get busy serving already. It is not preachy or impractical either. Much time is spent sharing true stories of "ordinary people" doing extraordinary things for God. This book will inspire you to think outside your own self comforts and see how you might impact the very lives of others.